Following the success of the first two virtual workshop, we are glad to announce our third AHC Knowledge Sharing Workshop on “Sustainable Water Management”. The workshop will be organised officially on 11th October 2022, at 14:00 – 17:00 (GMT+8) or 13:00 – 16:00 (GMT+7), aiming to raise awareness about the importance of managing water with sustainable solutions in order to meet the increasing community water demand.
The workshop involves 4 Knowledge Sharing sessions:
- Mr. Narongsak Pimpunchat (Hydro – Informatics Institute(HII), Thailand) on the topic “Community Water Resources Management in Thailand: Flood and Drought Resilience”
- Dr. Gurdev Singh, (Public Utility Board (PUB), Singapore’s National Water Agency, Singapore) on the topic “PUB’s Approach to Water Sustainability”
- Dr. Nguyen Quang Hung (Hanoi University of Science (HUS), Vietnam) on the topic “Impact of Climate change, Land Use and Land Cover on the water balance of the Srepok river basin”
- Prof. Dr. Khin Ni Ni Thein (Myanmar Water Academy, Myanmar) on the topic “New Paradigm of Sustainable Water Management”
- Mr. Doan Huy Phuong (Institute of Meteorology, Hydrology and Climate Change (IMHEM), Vietnam) on the topic “A study of the impact of hydrometeorological and land surface characteristics on river flow of Dong Nai river basin”
This is the third out of 5 knowledge sharing activities according to 5 AHC Thematic Areas (TA1: HIC Development, TA2: Big Data and Data Analytics [Completed], TA3: Observation Technology, TA4: Modelling [Completed], and TA5: Sustainable Water Management) which will be organized every quarter from 2022 to 2023.
Please stay tuned!