We are pleased to announce our fourth AHC Knowledge Sharing Workshop on TA3: “Observation Technology” in light of the success of our previous three virtual workshops. The workshop will be officially organised on 8th March 2023, at 14:00 – 17:00 (GMT+8) or 13:00 – 16:00 (GMT+7), aiming to promote the use of advanced observation technology to support the community on the impacts of climate change, sustainable use and management of water resources.
The workshop involves 5 Knowledge Sharing sessions:
- Prof. Irfan B. Pramono (Research Center for Limnology and Water Resources of the BRIN, Indonesia) on the topic “Towards Smart Watershed Management Monitoring in Upper Citarum Sub-watershed”
- Prof. Emeritus Budi Wignyosukarto (Universitas Gadjah Mada (UGM), Indonesia) on the topic “Real-Time Observation based Smart Water Management in Swamp Irrigation Network”
- Dr. Kieu Trung Hieu (Nanyang Environment & Water Research Institute (NEWRI), Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapore) on the topic “UAV-based remote sensing of hydro-environment: Towards sub-meter resolutions and on-demand operations”
- Dr. Vorawit Meesuk (Hydro – Informatics Institute (HII), Thailand),
Dr. Thakolpat Khampuengson (Hydro – Informatics Institute (HII), Thailand), and
Ms. Patsharawadee Chitsutti (Hydro – Informatics Institute (HII), Thailand) on the topic “Survey and Observation Technology for Sustainable Water Management”
- Dr. Miguel Laverde (SERVIR-SEA Water and Disaster Theme Lead, ADPC) on the topic “Earth Observation technology for enhancing Anticipatory Actions in South East Asia”
This is the fourth out of 5 knowledge sharing activities according to 5 AHC Thematic Areas (TA1: HIC Development, TA2: Big Data and Data Analytics [Completed], TA3: Observation Technology, TA4: Modelling [Completed], and TA5: Sustainable Water Management [Completed]) which will be organised.
Please stay tuned!